It is what it is...
I've decided that between work, kids, my spouse, and trying to fit in time to write somewhere along those lines, I have no life. But, I like the life I don't seem to have, also.
 
Regardless, my attempt at figuring out this blogging thing has been a fail at best, not that I have any excuse. Shame on me. ;) Also, I brought home my new Himalayan Torty Point kitten last week, so she's been taking up a great deal of my time when I seem to find any...not that I mind. She's beautiful, and her name is Blue.
 
What am I currently reading? Letting Ana Go.
 
She was a good girl from a good family, with everything she could want or need. But below the surface, she felt like she could never be good enough. Like she could never live up to the expectations that surrounded her. Like she couldn’t do anything to make a change.

But there was one thing she could control completely: how much she ate. The less she ate, the better—stronger—she felt.

But it’s a dangerous game, and there is such a thing as going too far…

Her innermost thoughts and feelings are chronicled in the diary she left behind.
 
It's a YA, written by an anonymous source, and in the tradition of an old favorite of mine, Go Ask Alice. The diary of a teenager put into book form; a teenager handling the awkward relationship between her parents, their divorce, and coming into her own, however her own seems to come to her. Friends, a new love, and the difficulties of growing up in a frank, honest form that makes you reflect back to your own years. Was this what my diary would have looked like? I wouldn't know, I was too busy doing everything I shouldn't have been doing to keep a damned diary.
 
Unfortunately, Ana is also spiraling into the dangerous world of an anorexic in the process. And, this one ends much like Go Ask Alice did, scarily. As is often the case in these situations. If you haven't read either, I suggest you start with Go Ask Alice, then Letting Ana Go. Again, it's written by Anonymous, but the reason for that is clear enough, no?
 
Opened eyes, heavy heart. It's a frightening reality. I love the book. Check it out.
 
--Bethany-Kris
0 Responses

Post a Comment