A Monday #Teaser from A Love Unfinished #ComingSoon
Hey, everyone!

Because A Love Unfinished releases in...four days...I thought the next teaser I shared should be of it. The paranormal aspects of this romance revolve around men, and the dragons they shift in to. For most of the book, the heroine, Dani, doesn't get to see her love change into his form. She does, however, get to see one of his brothers form. How about a little look into a dragon in his form, huh?


Blurb:
Over two decades ago, an attack on The Clan of Cobalt left families of dragons in ruins; now, with the clans able to start rebuilding their lives, history is beginning to rewrite, one dragon and one mate at a time…

Dani Heartview spent a year running from the past she can’t forget and it’s about to catch up in the form of Holden Levy. When he suddenly disappeared, she was devastated, but now he’s back. Even if she can’t deny their connection, the man who returned is vastly different from the one who left.

With Holden’s secrets uncovered, the Alpha dragon inside the man is demanding for its mate to be claimed, but there’s danger lurking close by. Still, his abandonment is a monster she can’t shake. Can she forgive to restart their life, and if she does, can Dani handle exactly what it means to be a dragon’s mate?

Clans of Fire, Book One

 
Teaser:

“Well, if it was a fight you wanted, you’ve certainly got one now, boys.”

The swirling mass that dropped from above sent me flying to the ground. It would have been far too quick for anyone else to see, since I nearly missed it myself. Pavement scraped against my palms and knees as the earth shook from the force of the sudden landing. Cobalt blue and neon orange shimmered under the dimly lit lights attached to the sides of buildings.

The beast shuddered with a sound that vibrated through my blood and bones, the briefest flicker of orange, red, and blue flames snapping out from opened jaws. Smoke curled from flaring nostrils. The neck of the creature stretched down to the ground as it crouched low with a hiss, forked tongue dancing out as hot spittle sprayed the alley. Four feet lined with claws clattered to the pavement, the screeching sound of them dragging against rock ringing my ears with a terrible sound.

Still, I wasn’t afraid. My previous panic began to fade. Slowly, my heartbeat decreased.

The pictures Holden captured did not do the size or magnificence of the dragons justice. The one standing before me in his protective stance, the warning calls rumbling from his chest, filled the back alley from side to side. He barely had room to move. Webbed wings extended up from his body, snapping with one quick beat and causing a downdraft of wind to fan my hair and dust to fly. The serrated end of a long tail cut through the air before poising to strike out at the threats. A thin cord hung around the beast’s neck, a tiny satchel attached to the back hanging loose.

A heavy, relieved exhale of air rushed from aching lungs as I looked up to see Holden standing five feet away from me, his hand raised to skim along the hind legs of the creature. He murmured soft words I couldn’t hear, glancing back over his shoulder for a quick second as I scrambled to move back up from the ground.

I struggled to see past the massive dragon, but the gentlest of touches had me jumping in fear and surprise. The tail of the creature had lowered to the pavement, resting with flicks of the pointed end behind the heels of my shoes. Its circumference was as wide as my waist. Curling around my legs and feet entirely, the scaled tail was clearly meant to hold me there, not allowing me to go forward any further than what I already had. A wave of heat warmed my body from head to toe.

I called out for Holden, but he didn’t turn around as he continued his slow walk ahead. Craning my neck around the back of the dragon, I could just barely make out the three figures all scattered at different spots and crouched low to the ground. Their united front was suddenly crumbling. Fear was showing.
"You sorely underestimated me,” Holden intoned.
0 Responses

Post a Comment