Putting the Spotlight on Dragon Dawn by Deborah O'Neill Cordes
Hey all! Dragon Dawn quickly became a permanent favorite of mine after I was gifted a copy of it to try out and read. I'm a secret lover of Sci-fi, and of time travel ... and well, I kind of like dinosaurs, too. Blame it on my two little boys, Rohan and Lexan, who think dino's are the you-know-what of everything. Needless to say, Dragon Dawn took each of my favorite things in a particular kind of novel, mixed them together in the best way, and gave me something to actually chew on and think about and instantly wish wish wish for so much more. I was, to say the least, impressed. It's been longer than I would like to admit since a novel has irked such a strong response from me.

So, I wanted to spotlight this novel for its wonderful author, just because I think it deserves to be talked about a little bit more.

If you're interested in finding my review of Dragon Dawn, you can find it on Goodreads. And good God, just look at that beautiful cover. What a job well done.


~*~*~
 


Dragon Dawn book blurb:


Two Universes, One Soul Divided...


Time snakes between alternate universes.  Ever watchful, an alien intelligence survives on Mars, waiting to be found by spacefarers from Earth.  The alien’s ultimate goal is to send human astronauts back in time, where they will alter the past and thwart the extinction of the dinosaurs.  A race of intelligent dinosaurs, resembling the alien’s extinct species, subsequently evolves to rule the world.  But a human female astronaut, through a strange twist of fate, survives the change in the space-time continuum.  After finding herself in a dinosaurian body, she must race against time – and the formidable alien – to restore the universe to its rightful course.

 

 

Deborah’s bio and website links:

 

Deborah O’Neill Cordes is an award-winning screenwriter and novelist of historical and speculative fiction. She is the author of the sci-fi time travel novel, Dragon Dawn, Book One of the Dinosaurian Time Travel Series, which blends fields of study she loves in equal measure; Deborah holds a bachelor’s degree in zoology and a master’s degree in history. She is also the co-author of the Morgan O’Neill time travel novels. Deborah resides in the Pacific Northwest with her husband and two West Highland White Terriers, who, alas, are precocious terriers and therefore never white.

 

Deborah’s website:  http://deborahoneillcordes.com/

 

Morgan O'Neill website: http://www.morganoneill.com/

 

Buy links: 

 


 


 
12 Responses
  1. Thank you so much for spotlighting Dragon Dawn, Bethany-Kris! The sequel is in the works, and I promise it will have a great resolution for both universes.


  2. Becky Lower Says:

    I love time travel but not sci-fi. Even so, Dragon Dawn cast a spell. I find myself thinking about it at odd times, and wondering how in the world Deborah's going to wrap everything up neatly. Can't wait for the sequel.


  3. teresa Says:

    Lovely spotlight! And sound so intriguing. Very best wishes Deborah.


  4. Thank you for stopping by, Becky and Teresa. I appreciate your kind words.


  5. RT Wolfe Says:

    Best wishes, Dragon Dawn!
    -R.T. Wolfe


  6. Wonderful spotlight of an awesome writer!


  7. Thank you ladies for stopping by!


  8. Thank you, R.T. and Rachel!


  9. Brenna Chase Says:

    I'm a closet sci-fi fan and I love time travel stories. And this novel is such a wonderful combination of both!


  10. Thanks, Brenna. It's been a long journey to get my "dragon" dawned. I remember the day I thought about writing DD. Over thirty years ago, I was sitting in my car with my dad, and we were listening to the news. There was a report on the new discovery of the asteroid or comet hitting the Earth long ago and killing off the dinosaurs. The plot points of DD suddenly filled my mind. I turned to my father and asked him if he thought the asteroid/comet event, coupled with time traveling astronauts and intelligent dinosaurs, would make a good novel. He looked at me and said, "I would read that." I'm glad my father had that answer. If he'd said no, I'm not certain what I would have done. :)


  11. Joanna Lloyd Says:

    This novel has sparked a latent sci-fi interest and can't wait for the sequel. Wonderful book!


  12. Thank you, Joanna. I'd better get cracking and finish that sequel. :)


Post a Comment