Teaser of Filthy Marcellos: Dante - #ComingSoon
I bring another teaser of Filthy Marcellos: Dante on this beautiful Thursday. Care to learn a little more about Cat? Enjoy ...

***

“What did you find out about me, Dante? I’m dying to know.”
Dante took a seat behind his oak desk, pulling a file from a drawer before tossing it to the top. “Sicilian descent, born in America to an Italian mother who came over on a green card but returned with you to Italy shortly after your birth. I suspect she couldn’t continue working here with no one to help after you were born and so she went home to her family.”
“All true,” Cat noted, impressed with his thoroughness.
“You’re twenty-eight years old—”
“Hey, now. Just recently turned. Give me a bit of credit, bello.”
Dante’s gaze surveyed her from across the room. “You seem to like calling me that.”
“It fits. You’re very handsome. I think so, anyway.”
“Don’t play games with me, Cat. I will not be the puppet to your master who bends to your whims and control. If we’re going to sit down together and have a discussion about why you approached me and what you have to offer, I expect you and your intentions to be as clear as a fucking crystal.”
“Your language is terrible.”
“It’s just goddamn fine for my business. Suck it up, no one’s looking for your approval. Certainly not me.”
Cat huffed. “Whatever you can find on me legally or even professionally is who I am, Dante. I rarely, if ever, give people a glimpse into the real me but you can trust when I say something, I always mean it. I never lie unless it’s absolutely necessary. And I follow through on my deals and promises every single time. Is there more you’d like to question me on in that regard?”
“We’ll see,” Dante said, his lips drawing thin as he went back to his file. “Recently turned twenty-eight.”
“Thank you.”
“Anything information from Italy about you or your family was difficult to find.” Dante’s head lifted and he met her gaze, unabashed. “Why is that?”
“My family was quite poor. We lived in what is still considered a small village miles from the city. Neither my mother nor my sister was born in a hospital, though I believe they had papers filed later. I left home when I was nearly sixteen to do my own thing, came into the hands of some interesting characters, and grew from there.”
“Explain that,” Dante said quietly. “After you left home, I mean.”
The corner of Cat’s mouth lifted into a smirk. “I’m beginning to feel like this may be the start of a therapy session, bello. I don’t need my head shrinked.”
“Tell me what I want to know or go, Catrina.”
“Fine.” Cat sat up on the couch, crossing her legs in the process. She didn’t miss Dante’s stare zoning in on the shape of her thighs beneath her dress or the heels she wore. “Shortly after I left home, I was working in a bar under an assumed name, lying about my age. An older gentleman offered me cash to do work for him and I said yes.”
“What kind of work?” Dante asked.
“Deals, things of that nature. Delivering substance, or whatever, to certain clients that wanted a pretty face to look at. The better I got at my job, the more difficult clients were pushed on me. Eventually I had enough contacts and clients in my book to do my own thing, so that’s exactly what I did.”
“And that’s where you showed up on the American side again,” Dante filled in, tapping the paper below him. “You used your dual citizenship to get you into America at twenty-five.”
Cat grinned. “First time on American soil since I was a baby. It took a couple of weeks for my contacts from Italy bled over to here with the people they knew. I had a few men who came with me, and we started from the ground up all over again.”
“The same men who met me at my brother’s club?”
“Some,” Cat admitted. “I only have five men working under me now. Only two are men I keep near me. The three others work out of state, supply certain demands, and always keep me informed as to the market on their end.”
“Two,” Dante said, raising a brow in disbelief. “There were three at the cub last week.”

“Yes, well, Carlos push his luck and is now at the bottom of a ravine. Or so Gaetano tells me. What more do you want to know?” 



Dante Marcello’s life has been a carefully planned event as an heir to a Cosa Nostra throne. For as long as he can remember, he’s had one goal in mind, and that’s becoming the Don. With his father ready to step down, it’s Dante’s turn to step up. But without a wife at his side, his seat as the boss is on shaky ground. Until she shows up with an offer he wants to refuse, but can’t.


With her, he’s got everything to gain.

Catrina Danzi is known for her angel face and a predator’s grace. For over a decade, she’s worked as a successful Queen Pin dealing with a repertoire of clientele who can’t afford a scandal. That’s why they ask for her and why they call her Queen. Marrying Dante Marcello means giving up the business and status she loves in order to gain protection she can’t provide on her own, but she no longer has a choice.

Without him, she’s got everything to lose. 

The rules for their arrangement are simple: no intimacy, no emotions. Dante isn’t looking for love and Catrina doesn’t need attachments. In the end, life has a way of breaking down walls when you least expect it to, and once love gets in, there’s no bleeding it out. Together, they make a formidable team the Commission won’t be able to ignore. Catrina’s secret of what she’s kept safe will put the entire Marcello family in danger when it finally catches up with her. The Marcellos have yet to be beaten, and they’re not about to start bowing down now.


Even the most beautiful things are a little filthy.

The final book in the Filthy Marcellos Trilogy
To Be Released June 2nd, 2015
Can be read as a standalone in the series
0 Responses

Post a Comment