The Hometown Hoax and a Top Ten from Heather Thurmeier - @Hthurmeier
The Hometown Hoax
Author: Heather Thurmeier
Release Date: 11/16/15
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Leaving was hard, but staying away might be impossible.
Tessa Cutter escaped her tiny hometown and chased her artistic dreams straight to Manhattan. Now she’s home for a camping trip with her family. To keep them off her back, she makes up the perfect pretend boyfriend—successful, important, and most of all, permanently located in New York.
Logan Ridley lost everything when his Manhattan-based personal training studio shut down. Luckily, a friend got him a position as a gym teacher in the small town of Cutter’s Creek. He’s heard a lot about the infamous Tessa, but she’s even better than he imagined. Except, she seems to hate everything about the small town he’s growing to love.
The chemistry sparking between them is impossible to ignore, but falling for Logan will trap Tessa in the small town she worked so hard to escape. If they have any hope of a future together, he’ll have to convince her that everything she wants has been in Cutter’s Creek all along...
Top 10 Things I Love About Winter
Let’s be honest, winter is not most people’s favorite season. It’s not mine either! LOL. But there are a few things I love, and here they are:
10. A nice dusting of snow that covers up the ugly brown of naked trees and dead grass. I much prefer the pristine white of newly fallen snow.
9. Fires in the fireplace. So cozy!!
8. Snow days! I love when the kids get a snow day off of school. I love it even more when hubs gets a snow day off of work!! Staying in jammies, no rush for the bus, lots of time for a movie and video games. Heaven.
7. Peppermint Mochas! I’m a straight up coffee girl most of the time, but when the cold weather comes, I know the peppermint mochas will be at the coffee shops and I can’t resist that tasty treat!
6. Buying gifts. I know it takes a lot of time and sometimes a decent amount of money too, but I love shopping for gifts for friends and family. It feels so good when I finally find that perfect something!
5. Boots! Yup. I love those fuzzy boots. They keep my feet warm and cozy and snuggly! And hopefully they look good too!
4. Sledding with the kids. We don’t usually get to do it too many times during the season, but when we do, we all have fun! Squishing onto a sled together and flying down a snowy hill is so exciting! And exhausting! What goes down must walk back up again! At least I get some exercise!
3. Warm baths. I’m not really a bath person, but in the winter when it gets cold, I love to sink into a nice warm tub filled with bath fizzies and bubbles and all kinds of good smelling salts and just soak away the chill before bed. Ahhh…
2. Christmas everything! I love listening to Christmas carols, seeing all the houses decorated, a twinkling tree in the corner of the living room, and cinnamon scented candles burning. Love, Love, Love Christmastime!
1. Books! Is there any better way to stay warm indoors than by reading a good book? Don’t answer that! I’m sure there are a few of you who just yelled something not appropriate for all audiences! LOL. But let’s keep it clean and say that books are the best. Curling up on the couch or in bed with soft blankets, a hot chocolate or coffee, and a good book is the best!
Entangle Publishing: http://ow.ly/T25Ig
Barnes and Noble: http://ow.ly/UTZPP
If she’d thought it had been hard taking off her clothes and getting into the pond, this was at least triple the difficulty. Before she could talk herself out of it, she took off her blanket, shook it out, and arranged it on the flattest section of ground. Then she lay down on her stomach and rested her chin on her crossed arms, focusing on the beautiful view and slowing her heart rate, and not on the fact that she was laying in the sun, butt naked—literally—with an almost complete stranger. A sweet and dangerously sexy almost stranger.
“Okay. You can turn around.”
She gritted her teeth together and fought the urge to roll up in the blanket like a human burrito. All he’d see was her butt and he’d already seen it once, he’d even touched it, so she needed to relax.
Tessa froze as Logan turned around.
“Nice,” he whispered under his breath, but she still heard him loud and clear as if he’d yelled it from the mountaintop. Pride swelled within her at his understated compliment.
At the sound of a tiny groan coming from his direction, she almost glanced toward him. Instead, she forced herself to focus on nature.
An eagle flying in circles in the distance.
A songbird chirping in a near by tree.
Fluffy, white clouds gliding across the sky.
Logan’s shirt falling to the ground. Oh shit.
The shirt that had been the only article of clothing covering his body.
He settled on the blanket beside her, close enough that she was ultra aware of his presence—she’d have to be dead not to notice him—but not close enough to accidentally touch each other. He’d chosen to lie on his back and fold his arms under his head as if he were casually reclining on the couch, not on a blanket in the middle of nature, naked...with a naked woman beside him.
Logan’s penis is getting a suntan. Don’t do it... Don’t do it...
“Do you have enough blanket?” she asked casually as she turned to look him in the eye.
But his eyes were closed against the bright sunlight. A lazy smile played on his lips. He looked so peaceful lying there. She was instantly glad she’d given up the blanket so they could both enjoy it.
The water that had been on his chest had long since dried and now his skin looked kissed by the sun’s rays. She licked her lips. A faint dusting of hair on his chest grew thicker below his belly button, like a trail leading to—
Wowza. I said not to do that!
She could practically hear her inner sex kitten bouncing up and down with excitement and anticipation while her more rational, logical self cursed her for being weak and making things more difficult than they already were. If only she hadn’t looked at what was hanging out, semi-erect, in the sunshine.
But it was too late. The damage was done. The package had been unwrapped.
Heather Thurmeier is a lover of margaritas and a hater of spiders. Born and raised in the Canadian prairies, she now lives in New York where she’s become an odd Canuck-Yankee hybrid. Heather’s currently writing her next romance, which will probably be filled with sassy heroines, sexy heroes that make your heart pound, laugh out loud moments and always a happily ever after. She loves to hear from readers on social media and at heatherthurmeier.com.
Author Email: email@example.com
Author Website: heatherthurmeier.com
Author Blog: heatherthurmeier.com
Author Twitter: https://twitter.com/hthurmeier
Author Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HeatherThurmeierAuthor
Author Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/HeatherThurmeier